Ultra Cling Inkjet Printable Media
Our Ultra Cling vinyl can be peeled off of almost any substrate safely, making it ideal for temporary labels of any kind. This media is perfect for making window stickers for the inside of car windows. You can make these labels by printing a mirror image on the media then covering it with a white window film masking spray. After drying, just peel off the liner and the image will be viewed correctly through the adhesive side, and ready for mounting on the inside of any window.
HPS manufactures and sells inkjet waterslide decal paper, along with a wide selection of other products including basic inkjet decal paper, economical gummed papers for the ceramics industry, and similar products such as our temporary tattoo paper for both inkjet and laser printers. Some of our other products include glow in the dark media, white and clear ultra cling media, white and clear static cling media all for both inkjet and laser printers. For printing bumper stickers or waterproof production labels on your inkjet printer try our white waterproof inkjet vinyl. Just a few of the other products we offer are glossy photo film, clear inkjet vinyl, and white inkjet vinyl all of which are self-adhesive. We are also a main distributor in the USA of flexible inkjet magnetic media. We offer inkjet magnetic paper in both glossy and matte finishes, along with pre die-cut sheets of magnetic inkjet business cards.
Clear Inkjet Ultra Cling.
The perfect media for making car window stickers or any type of sticker where being easily removable is a critical issue.
All of our UCF medias are designed for indoor use. Temporary outdoor use is possible but we strongly encourage the use of an over-laminate if outdoor use is required.
Using any of our inkjet media in the interior of an automobile should be considered an outdoor use. This is due to moisture and extreme temperature changes.
If this media is to be used indoors where steam or moisture is present then the artwork once printed must be protected with clear spray. For Car windows we strongly recommend the UCF media
Our ultra cling medias are excellent on surfaces that are problematic for true static cling, such as windows which have been cleaned with an anti-fogging agent or a streak free cleaner.
(For protection we recommend Krylon Crystal Clear available at most large retailers or Rust-Oleum available at most home improvement warehouse stores.)
1) Copy/Print on to the coated side of the media using compatible printer.
2) Carefully inspect each sheet before printing to ensure that the sheet is not bent, warped, or has folded corners this will prevent most paper jams. Always load one sheet at a time to ensure proper loading. With this media selecting the correct media setting is critical. Usually the setting which works best is either "Transparency" or "Glossy Film" Depending on the printer and ink used the label may be ready for use in as few as a few minutes. In some cases you must allow several hours or even overnight drying time. Some universal ink refill inks may not work with this media.
1) Before mounting make sure you clean and remove any residual grease, soot, or dust. The micro spear adhesive featured on this media adheres to most substrates even cardboard, wallpaper, and smooth wood.
2) Gently peel the film away from the liner taking care to avoid stretching the media.
3) Line up the label with your substrate. When positioned correctly allow the label to make contact with the surface on one edge and then using your fingers work down the rest of the surface. Take care not to use excessive force when applying the label as it may cause the ink to smudge.
Tip: When making ultra cling labels
for automobile windows or any label you wish to apply inside but
be visible from the outside follow the steps above with these exceptions:
A) You must use the CLEAR ultra cling. B) Print your image in
For car windows we strongly recommend the use of UCF over static cling. Static cling can be problematic with substrates that have at one time or another been cleaned or treated with streak free or anti-fogging agents. Our new ultra cling works the same way but with a very low tack adhesive using micro spear technology to cling to the glass.
If the label is to be used outdoors we strongly encourage the use of an over-laminate that offers UV protection. For maximum protection we suggest the use of both our WOL over-laminate together with a spray laminite.
To improve the UV resistance of inkjet media HPS offers an aerosol UV laminite spray. For ordering information see below.